Carl A. Taylor III, the firm principal is an experienced attorney with deep roots in Central New Jersey. Carl can assist you with your important family and divorce issues. Carl also represents local governments and engages in general litigation. These are the practice areas Carl has limited himself to and emphasized throughout his career and which he continues to develop at Carl Taylor Law, LLC. Carl limits his practice to courts in Hunterdon County, Somerset County and Central New Jersey.
In divorce and family law matters, Carl can assist you in a wide range of complex and traditional family court matters such as working to preserve your assets during a divorce, the handling of domestic violence trials, litigating disputed custody, litigating alimony and child support issues, post-judgment motion practice, appeals, and the drafting of prenuptial agreements. Carl will work aggressively to design and implement effective legal strategy for your specific case. The hallmark of the firm is an emphasis on strong attorney-client communications to help ensure strong results. Carl clerked for Judge Picheca, J.S.C., of the Somerset County Superior Court, Family Division in the 2009-2010 term and has actively engaged in the representation of clients in all family law and divorce matters since that time. Carl has been quoted in the New Jersey Law Journal on the subject of changes to palimony law and has been published multiple times in the New Jersey Law Journal and other publications on the subject of family law. To learn more about the divorce process access Carl’s complimentary New Jersey Divorce E-Book by clicking here. A hallmark of Carl’s representation is endeavoring to quickly return all client communications despite maintaining a busy court practice. You will have access to your attorney for when those important and timely issues inevitably arise. Click here to access Carl Taylor’s New Jersey Divorce and Family Law specific website, www.mynjdivorcelawyer.com.
Carl’s practice also emphasizes the representation of government entities. Carl maintains a local government law blog at NJGovernmentlaw.com. Before opening Carl Taylor Law, LLC, Carl was a former partner at Cooper, Cottell & Taylor, LLC in Somerset County and former Deputy County Counsel for Somerset County, where Carl was also legal counsel to the Somerset County Agriculture Development Board and Construction Board of Appeals. Carl is the municipal prosecutor of multiple municipalities including Flemington Borough, Kingwood Township and Milford Borough Joint Court, Bedminster, Bernardsville & Peapack & Gladstone Joint Court, and the Borough of Raritan. Carl is also the former municipal prosecutor of South Bound Brook. Carl’s practice emphasizes all aspects of local government representation. Carl has successfully practiced before appellate, federal, and state courts in litigation matters involving issues such as OPRA, employment discrimination defense, land use issues, Title 59 Defense and prerogative writs representing government entities, elected officials, and employees. Carl has been published multiple times in the New Jersey Law Journal and in the “Quill” on the subject of OPRA and local government law.
Carl resides locally in Flemington, Hunterdon County with his Wife, two daughters, and an overzealous Rough Collie. In Carl’s rare downtime he enjoys reading presidential biographies and hiking and backpacking, having backpacked or day-hiked over three hundred miles of the Appalachian Trail and every mile of the “A.T.” in New Jersey.
Carl has been named a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Family Law in 2014, and for State, Local, and Municipal law in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.* Carl is ranked as a 10.0 attorney by Avvo.**
[Note: If you wish to schedule an initial consultation with my firm, I welcome the opportunity to meet with you. Simply call 908-237-3096, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click this link to schedule your own divorce consult online. ]
10.0Carl Allen Taylor III
- New Jersey (2009)
- Pennsylvania (2009 – currently inactive)
- United States District Court, Federal District of New Jersey (2009)
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals (2015)
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Saint Joseph’s University (B.A., 2006)
- Somerset County Bar Association (Trustee, 2013-2017, Co-Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division, 2010-2012; 2014, Member- Family Practice Committee);
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member – Government, Public Sector and Public Interests Lawyer Committee).
- Hunterdon County Bar Association (Member)
- Volunteers as Panelist for Somerset County Divorce Early Settlement Panel (“ESP Panel”)
- The Quill (Municipal Clerks’ Association of New Jersey) – When an OPRA Requestor Steps over the Line (2017)
- New Jersey Law Journal – “OPRA Law Comes of Age” (2017, co-authored with Francesco Taddeo, Esq.)
- The Clarion (Somerset County Bar Association Newsletter) – Controlling Law Firm Expenses for New Law Firms (2015)
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Impact of Personal Injury Awards on Various Family Law Agreements.” (2015) (for full article click New.Jersey.Law.Journal.the.Impact.of.Personal.Injury.Awards.on.Divorce.Agreements.10.18.2015
- New Jersey Law Journal – “Legal, Procedural & Practical Issues in Domestic Violence Cases Involving Former Family Members” (2014)
New Jersey Law Journal – “Navigating Palimony Law in 2013” (2013) (for full article click on carl.taylor.palimony.article.new.jersey.law.journal.3.1.13)
- Jesse Wolosky v. County of Somerset, not reported in 2017 WL 1179852 (App. Div. 2017, unpub.)
- Troy Henderson v. County of somerset, not reported (App. Div. 2017, unpub.)
- Somerset Hills Towing v. Somerset County and Mike’s Towing (App. Div. 2017, unpub.)
- Appointment as Shared Court Prosecutor-Bedminster, Bernardsville & Peapack-Gladstone – 2018
- Carl Taylor Law – Future Lawyer Scholarship
Your Central New Jersey Lawyer:
If you’re looking to retain a Hunterdon County or Central New Jersey Attorney, call me at 908-237-3096 to schedule a free consultation.
*The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawvers.com/about/selection process detail.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.”
Disclaimers: The website is considered attorney advertising that has not been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. The information contained on this website or blog are for informational and advertising purposes and do not constitute legal advice, which must be based on the specific facts of your case. No attorney-client privilege is created until you formally retain this firm. *The “Super Lawyers” list by Thomson Reuters selects attorneys using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. To learn more about the Super Lawyers selection process, please click here.
**The Avvo rating (between 1 and 10) is based on a mathematical formula developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. The model takes into account information the lawyer has included on his or her profile, including experience, publications, and awards, in addition to information collected by Avvo from public sources like state bar associations and lawyer websites. Any information that affects the Avvo Rating is visible in an attorney’s profile. There is no bias, and the rating cannot be bought. To learn more about the Avvo rating process, please click here.
***There are no guarantee of results as every case is different and the above is merely a sample of more interesting matters Carl has been involved in.