“A client is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.” -Mahatma Gandhi, Civil Rights Champion and Barrister.
Dear Prospective Client,
Communication is the hallmark of the Attorney-Client relationship–a relationship that should be held sacred. I created Carl Taylor Law, LLC to provide cutting-edge client service. My divorce and family law clients may rest easy knowing that the following unique attorney-client procedures are implemented:
1. You will be provided my personal cell phone number and you are encouraged to call me on it anytime you cannot reach me at the office (whether it be day, night, weekend, or holiday) and you have a time-sensitive legal issue–even if it’s not a legal emergency.
2. I will return all of your emails, texts, or telephone calls same-day and often within two hours. I will endeavor to communicate with you in the venue you desire. If you prefer face-to-face communications then we can meet meet at my office. If you prefer texts then we can text with one another. If via email, then we can email (or a combination of all). If you want me to learn how to set up Skype and communicate via Skype then let me know. Provided we can ensure attorney-client privilege I will work with you.
3. I will commence work immediately on your case after being retained.
4. I will move your case forward aggressively and based upon the goals and objectives that you set, provided that they are appropriate and legal. However, I will advise you when I believe you are not taking appropriate positions.
5. I will provide you with materials to help educate and inform you about the process.
6. I will not “nickel and dime” you. I will not charge you for faxes, postage under $3.00 relating to your matter, the cost of making a telephone call, or any other minor expenses. My goal is to provide greater cost-certainty to you.
7. I encourage you to bring any issues to my attention immediately so I can continue to improve my services. I will regularly seek feedback to make sure you are satisfied with how your case is proceeding. Everyone has different goals and I will ensure you’re aware of the range of options available.
8. I will be honest about expectations. This protects both of our credibility in the process and does not waste fees on spurious or even bad-faith tactics or pursuits.
9. At all times I will seek to implement time and cost-saving technology for the benefit of you. If you’re like me and naturally prefer more standard procedures and practices, let me know and I will accommodate that as well.
10. I admit I am not the perfect fit for every prospective client. Truthfully, not every prospective client is the perfect fit for me. If I take on your case we will be working closely together. I only have so much time and can only take so many clients. You can generally only choose one divorce attorney (at a time). Both of our lives are better if we determine we would, for whatever reason, not be a great match from the start. I will be honest with you if I sense potential issues and will turn down the case. Please don’t be offended if this occurs, just as I’m not offended when I am not chosen by prospective clients.
I look forward to working with you and providing client-centric service to aggressively obtain your desired legal goals. To get started call my office at 908-237-3096 to schedule a consult or click here to schedule your own consult if you are a prospective client or to schedule an in-person meeting if you are a client. I prefer to schedule initial consultations on the weekends away from the hustle and bustle of the work-week but will schedule anytime that is convenient for you.